A home on Wilson Avenue caught fire late Friday night.

House fire quickly controlled

Published 2:16pm Sunday, September 23, 2012

A house fire late Friday night did not cause any injuries and resulted in only minor damage to the home, according to Atmore Fire Chief Gerry McGhee.

Units responded to the call at approximately 10:45 and found thick smoke pouring out of a home located at 237 Wilson Avenue.

McGhee said no one was in the home at the time of the fire, which is believed to have begun in the house’s switchbox. Atmore fire fighters quickly controlled the fire.

Homeowner Ruby Riley was contacted Saturday and informed of the minor damage to her house.

McGhee said the incident is still under investigation, however foul play is not suspected at this time.

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to comment on this article.

Editor's Picks