Vacation Bible School underway in AtmorePublished 3:43pm Monday, June 10, 2013
Summer is here and the time for Vacation Bible School has arrived as churches all over town prepare to welcome children into their houses of worship.
Last week a crowd gathered each morning at Brooks Memorial Baptist Church for this year’s VBS, “Colossal Coaster World.”
Friday, at a special Family Night service, Pastor Robert Heard led the children as they showed parents how much they had learned over the course of the week.
“I just want to thank all of the parents for letting us spend this time with your kids this week,” Heard said.
Although VBS at Brooks Memorial has ended, there are still plenty of opportunities for kids in the Atmore area to enjoy the Bible School festivities this summer including upcoming VBS programs:
• Sardis Baptist Church VBS – June 10-14 from 8:30 until 11:30 a.m. for grades one through sixth with Parent’s Day Friday, June 14 at 11:15 a.m.
• Friendly Holliness Church VBS – June 10-14. This year’s theme is “Kingdom Rock” and will take place each evening from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• First United Methodist Church Vacation Bible School June 10-13 from 6 until 8 p.m. For more information, call (251) 368-9229.
• First Baptist Church of Atmore Vacation Bible School – June 17-June 21 from 5:30 until 8 p.m. This year’s theme is “Kingdom Rock.” Registration is being held now.
• Robinsonville Baptist Church Vacation Bible School – June 17-June 21 from 6 until 8 p.m. for ages three through sixth grade. This year’s theme is “Colossal Coaster.” For more information, call (251) 368-8846.