ECHS releases uniform policy for 2013-14 school yearPublished 9:56pm Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Escambia County High School / Escambia County Public Schools uniform policy for the 2013-14 school year has been released. This and other important information can also be found on the ECHS website:http://escambia.al.ech.schoolinsites.com. The policy is as follows:
Tops for males and females: All shirts/blouses must have collars and must be WHITE OR ROYAL BLUE. Navy will still be allowed this school year, but the color is being phased out. No logos larger than a quarter should be on any shirt or blouse. Turtlenecks may be worn in WHITE OR ROYAL BLUE only. All shirts/blouses must be tucked in as part of the uniform. Undershirts worn under the uniform shirt must be a SOLID color. Long sleeve shirts may be worn under short sleeve shirts. Long sleeve shirt must be WHITE OR ROYAL BLUE
Pants/Skirts: KHAKI OR TAN uniform style pants are to be worn and fit appropriately at the waist. All pants, capri pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, and jumpers must be KHAKI OR TAN COLOR. Shorts, skorts, skirts, and jumpers must be no more than two (2) inches above the knee.
Belts: Belts must be worn with pants and shorts that have belt loops in grades 2 through 12. No exceptions. Correct size and length will be worn. End of belt cannot hang down. Belt must be properly buckled at all times.
Shoes: Tennis shoes and fully enclosed toe and heel shoes may be worn. NO BOOTS that go between the ankle and the knee. This includes both males and females. When necessary, footwear may conform to special class requirements (Physical education, tech center, agricultural classes, etc.)
All laces must be tied and laces must be both of the same color. Tennis shoes must be both of the same color.
Slides, clogs, heelys or shoes with lights or wheels are prohibited.
Socks or tights must be worn.
Outerwear: Coats, jackets, sweaters, sweater vests, and sweatshirts are considered as outerwear and must be worn with a uniform shirt/blouse. All outerwear must be a solid color or a combination of school colors. School colors are as follows: Escambia County High School: Royal Blue and / or White.
Items not allowed to be worn by students: Light or white colored pants, oversize clothing, extremely tight fitting, clothes, cargo pants with large pockets, carpenter pants hip huggers or low riders, rubber band on pant legs, bellbottom pants, unhemmed clothing, clothing with cuts, slit, holes, or slashes, No denim or jean fabric bottoms, corduroy, spandex pants, jeggings, leggings, tights, etc. No clothing items tied at the waist, neck or body.
Girls may not wear earrings larger than an inch in length or width.
• All clothing must be properly fitted. Sagging pants and excessively tight clothing are prohibited and will not be tolerated.
• No excessive jewelry to create distractions: including tongue rings, nose rings, eyebrow rings, lip studs, nose studs, ear weights, unusually large necklaces.
• No visible body art.
• No heavy chains, spiked armbands, spiked necklaces, spiked belts, etc.
• Nothing will be allowed to hang from pockets of pants including but not limited to key chains, towels, etc.
• No caps, hats, bandannas, du-rags, hoodies, or hoods from sweatshirts, sports headbands, ear muffs, or any type of head wear are to be worn at any time in the school building. Heads must remain un-covered in the building.
• No sunglasses are to be worn at any time in the school building.
• Combs and picks are not to be worn in the hair.
• No rolling book bags
• Gang related apparel is prohibited at all times at school, any school function or school
sponsored activity. Items deemed inappropriate under this category are at the discretion of the principal.