Northview, ECHS set for tournamentPublished 9:35pm Friday, July 26, 2013
Volleyball teams from Escambia County and Northview high schools will participate in a tournament next week
On Tuesday, July 30 and Wednesday, July 31, ECHS and Northview will be joined by eight other teams in the Flomaton Summer Bash Volleyball Tournament.
Along with ECHS and NHS at the tournament will be Baker JV, Baldwin County JV, Baker varsity, Central, Baldwin County varsity, Flomaton, Jay and W.S. Neal.
Tourney games will be played at 9, 10 and 11 a.m. with games also starting at noon, 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Games will be played on courts A and B in the new gym at Flomaton and on court C in the PE gym at Flomaton. Games Wednesday will follow the same format as Tuesday with games ending an hour earlier at 2 p.m. The format of the games will be best two-of-three with games one and two going two 25 points while the third game, if necessary, will be played to 15.
The Lady Blue Devils will play three games each on Tuesday and Wednesday, while the Lady Chiefs will play three games Tuesday and four games Wednesday.
ECHS will start tournament play Tuesday against the Baker JV squad at noon before taking on Central at 2 p.m. on court A.
Northview starts its tournament against Baldwin County at noon on court B. The Lady Chiefs then take on Flomaton at 1 p.m. and W.S. Neal at 3 p.m. on court B.
In action Wednesday, Northview takes on rival Jay at 9 a.m. and Baker at 11 a.m. on court A. The Lady Blue Devils start the day at 11 a.m. against Flomaton on court C. ECHS then takes on rival Baldwin County at 1 p.m. on court A before taking on Baker an hour later.
The Lady Chiefs finish with Baker JV at noon on court A before moving to court C for a showdown against Central.
Tuesday, July 30 court A
• 10 a.m., Baker vs. Centra
• 11 a.m., NO GAMES
• noon, Baker JV vs. Atmore
• 1 p.m., Jay vs. Baldwin County
• 2 p.m., Atmore vs. Central
• 3 p.m., Central vs. Baldwin County
• 9 a.m., Baker JV vs. Baldwin County JV
• 10 a.m., Baldwin County vs. Flomaton
• 11 a.m., Atmore vs. Baldwin County JV
• noon, Northview vs. Baldwin County
• 1 p.m., Northview vs. Flomaton
• 2 p.m., NO GAMES
• 3 p.m., W.S. Neal vs. Northview
• 10 a.m., W.S. Neal vs. Jay
• 11 a.m., Jay vs. Flomaton
• noon, W.S. Neal vs. Central
• 1 p.m., W.S. Neal vs. Baker JV
• 2 p.m., Baker vs. Baldwin County JV
• 3 p.m., Baker vs. Jay
Wednesday, July 31 for court A
• 9 a.m., Northview vs. Jay
• 10 a.m., Baker JV vs. Jay
• 11 a.m., Baker vs. Northview
• noon, Baker JV vs. Northview
• 1 p.m., Baldwin County vs. Atmore
• 2 p.m., Atmore vs. Baker
• 9 a.m., Baker vs. Baldwin County
• 10 a.m., Baldwin County JV vs. Central
• 11 a.m., W.S. Neal vs. Baldwin County
• noon, Baldwin County JV vs. Jay
• 1 p.m., Baker JV vs. Central
• 2 p.m., Baldwin County JV vs. W.S. Neal
• 11 a.m., Atmore vs. Flomaton
• noon, W.S. Neal vs. Flomaton
• 1 p.m., NO GAMES
• 2 p.m., Central vs. Northview