Smoke billows out a window as firefighters battle a fire at a Trammell Street apartment Wednesday afternoon.
Smoke billows out a window as firefighters battle a fire at a Trammell Street apartment Wednesday afternoon.

Fire on Trammell Street

Published 1:14pm Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Firefighters battled a blaze in a Trammell Street apartment Wednesday afternoon.

Atmore Fire Chief Gerry McGhee said nobody was injured in the fire, which began at approximately 12:30 p.m. at 108 S. Trammell St.

McGhee said the fire was apparently caused when some grease was left unattended on a stove. He said the apartment sustained some smoke and water damage.

Firefighters from the Atmore Fire Department, as well as the Poarch Fire Department, responded.

Editor's Picks