Free business workshop ThursdayPublished 3:46pm Monday, July 7, 2014
The Alabama Small Business Development Center Network is hosting a free “Doing Business with the Poarch Creek Indians” workshop on Thursday, in Atmore.
The workshop will be held at the Creek Indian Enterprises Development Authority headquarters, located at 100 Brookwood Road in Atmore. It will be from 8:30 a.m. until noon.
Those who wish to attend must register online at www.southalabama.edu/sbdc. There is no cost to attend, but registration is required.
Start-up businesses, especially Native American-owned businesses, will learn “Business Planning Do’s and Don’t’s.” They will learn how to do business with PCI and how to become a certified PCI-Owned Small Business. Also, they will learn how to attain capital access to start or expand their businesses.
For more information on the program, call (251) 460-6004.
A tentative schedule of the workshop is as follows:
• 8:30 a.m. — Registration and networking.
• 9 a.m. — Business Planning: Legal Structures, Business License, Insurance, Marketing: presented by Angela Mustin and Yolanda Johnson, Alabama SBDC Network.
• 10:15 a.m. — Doing Business with Poarch Creek Indians and Becoming a Certified TERO Business (Tribal Employment Rights Office).
• 11 a.m. — Capital Access: PCI Capital Access Program, SBA/Commercial Access Programs: presented by Alex Jones, United Bank and PCI Financial Services.
• noon until 5 p.m. — One-on-one counseling.