BOE extends Super’s contract
Superintendent John Knott will lead the Escambia County School System for another four years.
The decision was made at last Thursday’s meeting to extend his contract at an annual salary of $117,803.
The contract was approved without a change in his current salary.
Board Chairman Willie Grissett said Knott’s new contract begins on July 1 and ends on June 30, 2020.
In other business, the board:
• approved the RPM Outreach program;
• approved a request from Pollard-McCall Junior High School to erect a memorial in memory of the late principal Hugh White.
• approved the selling of surplus buses, vehicles and equipment; and,
• approved the textbook committee’s recommendations for vendors to purchase textbooks for grades 9-12, and the use of the AMSTI program for grades K-8; and,
• approved school buses to operate in conjunction with the area YMCA programs to provide transportation services for summers programs.
One of Atmore’s companies was awarded the Silver Boeing Performance Excellence Award for 2015. Muskogee Technology (MT), a subsidiary of... read more