City awards sidewalk bid
The Atmore City Council awarded a $383,693 sidewalk bid during its meeting on Monday night.
The bid was awarded to Harris Contracting Services Inc. of Mobile.
Sidewalk improvements will be completed from the Atmore Public Library to Medical Park Drive, and will pick up on the east side of the hospital to Tom Byrne Park, Mayor Jim Staff said.
Additionally, the sidewalk from McRae Street Apartments to Medical Park Drive will be worked on as well, Staff said.
In other business, the council:
• adopted Resolution 2018-06 for a FAA grant agreement, renewing a five-year plan; and,
• approved an ABC License for The Publican.
Prior to the meeting, the council met in a workshop, where it discussed:
• rescheduling the Trick or Treat night to Tues., Oct. 30, from 5-8 p.m. instead of Oct. 31, which falls on a Wednesday;
• jake break use from trucks;
• the South Alabama Planning Commission Purchasing Association;
• the hanging of city banners;
• the street closure from East Laurel Street to McRae Street on Aug. 16 from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. to allow Alabama Power to erect new power poles; and,
• the explanation of the FAA Agreement
Ever since she was a child, Brandy Hawkins’ dream was to be a wrestler. Hawkins is a student at the... read more