BOE approves personnel recommendations
The Escambia County School System approved personnel recommendations at its most recent meeting on Dec. 19.
The personnel recommendations include:
Leave of Absence
• Lottie Cole, as school bookkeeper/secretary at W.S. Neal Elementary School, under the Family Medical Leave Act for 60 days, effective Jan. 8, 2019, through Oct. 16, 2019;
• Chakema Jackson, as reading specialist at Rachel Patterson Elementary School, effective Dec. 31, 2019;
• Shelby McCrory, as math teacher at W.S. Neal Middle School, effective Jan. 17, 2020;
• Dennis Fuqua, as principal at Escambia County High School, effective Jan. 12, 2020;
• David Lanier, as director of career and technical education, at Brewton Central Office, effective Jan. 10, 2020;
• Jami Cosby, as math teacher, at Escambia County Middle School, effective Jan. 6, 2020 (replacing Angela Roman); and,
• Kelsey Thompson, as kindergarten teacher at WSNES, effective Jan. 6, 2020 (replacing Gail Peace).
In other business, the board:
• approved the renewal of appointment of Board Attorney Broox Garrett, for Jan. 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2020, with a $1,000 retainer fee; and,
• approved the 2020-21 school calendar.
Other topics of discussion included property available for sale at Flomaton High School-Flomaton Elementary School, facilities needs at FES and legal updates on WSNHS building project.