COVID-19: 7 confirmed cases reported from county hospitals
Published 10:07 am Friday, April 10, 2020
Escambia County Healthcare Authority officials announced today there are seven reported cases of COVID-19 at its hospitals.
According to the ECHA’s latest update, six confirmed cases have been reported at Atmore Community Hospital, and one confirmed case at D.W. McMillan Memorial Hospital.
At ACH, 151 specimens have been collected with 128 negative results and 13 pending.
At DWM, 81 specimens have been collected with 74 negative results and six pending.
The ECHA is updating the number of confirmed cases biweekly to reflect current case numbers, and due to timing of information, they may differ from numbers on the Alabama Department of Public Health’s website.
According to the ADPH, there are five confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 136 specimens collected as of this morning.
Hand Sewn Masks
Officials have confirmed that sewn masks can be used by individuals who have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, as a way to prevent spreading the virus to those around them when they cough, etc. Anyone wishing to sew masks for that use is asked to please contact:
- ¥ Atmore – Bud Gideons – 251.359.6523
- ¥ Brewton – Robin Griffin – 251.363.1860
- ¥ Flomaton – Wanda Vanlandingham – 251.609.0827
Supplies Needed and How to Donate
We are asking anyone that has access to the following items to please consider donating them:
- ¥ Isolation gowns: non-sterile, impervious
- ¥ Masks: surgical, procedure, ear loop, ear loop with face shield, or fog-free procedure mask
- ¥ Latex gloves: exam, nitrile or chemo
- Hand sanitizer: 70% ethyl alcohol
Atmore – Contact Brad Lowery at 251.368.6215
Brewton – Contact Bob Ellis at 251.809.8318
Alabama is under a mandatory Stay at Home Order Implemented by State Health Officer Scott Harris on April 3, 2020. Everyone should do their best to remain at home until the order is lifted on April 30.
What Can I leave Home For?
- ¥ Supplies, Gasoline, To Obtain Necessary Services, Religious Services (Drive In), Take Care of Others, Outdoor Activities, Seek Shelter, Travel by as Required by Law, & See Family.