ECSS recognizes top students at high schools, approves personnel recommendations
Published 11:19 am Friday, May 20, 2022
Escambia County Schools Superintendent Michele McClung recognized the top students in the county during Thursday’s meeting of the Board.
McClung introduced valedictorians and salutatorians from all three county high schools — W.S. Neal, Flomaton and Escambia County — and presented certificates of honor to each of those present for the meeting.
On hand were W.S. Neal Valedictorian Langham Parr and Saltutatorian Addie Nelson along with Flomaton Valedictorian Charles Henley and Salutatorian Lori Knowles.
The ECHS valedictorian and salutatorian were absent, but recognized by McClung.
Following remarks by the superintendent, the board moved forward on items up for consideration.
McClung also announced the organization of a golf team at Escambia County High School in Atmore and the planned demolition of the auditorium at W.S. Neal High School. The demolition is expected within the next few weeks, she said.
Action items approved by the board, included:
• Extension of carry over vacation days from 2021 for all 12-month employees to be used by Oct. 1, 2022 or risk forfeiture of those days;
• entering into a service contract with Nearpod Inc., for educational technology services including Nearpod Premium Plus, Flocabulary Site License and onsite training at a cost of $117,619 to be paid with ESSER funds;
• a reorganization chart “to mainstream who reports to who;”
• revised 2021-22 salary schedules;
• allowance for school counselors to work up to an additional 20 days during summer 2022 in accordance with the Academic Recovery Response Plan.
The members of the board also unanimously approved the following personnel changes in the system:
• Tyler Boatwright, math teacher at Escambia County Middle School;
• Meagan Stewart, elementary teacher at Flomaton Elementary;
• Chelsea Reaves, elementary teacher at Flomaton Elementary;
• Jacob Middleton, speech language pathologist at Rachel Patterson Elementary;
• Hillary Bilbeau, special education teacher at Rachel Patterson Elementary;
• Samuel Wright, custodian at W.S. Neal Elementary;
• Jesse Rowlen, science teacher at W.S. Neal High; and,
- Jesse Guy, general maintenance worker, Brewton Maintenance Shop.
• Marilyn Simmons, purchase order/utilities bookkeeper, Brewton Central Office;
• Sheila Fountain, Gifted education instruction aide, office of special education and student services; and,
- Valarie Smith, School improvment supervisor, Atmore Centeral office.
• Anna Wheeler, math teacher at Escambia County High School to math teacher at Escambia County Middle School.
• Shirley Prescod, pre-k program teacher at A.C. Moore Elementary;
• Susan Yeszkonis pre-k program teacher at A.C. Moore Elementary;
• Kristian Wasdin, cosmetology instructor, Escambia County High School (replacing Tina Rankins-Stanton;
• Kelly McNeil, special education teacher at Escambia County Middle School (replacing LeAnn Pepper);
• Barry Coleman, social studies teacher at Escambia County middle School (replacing Scotty Benton);
• Troy Brown, physical education teacher at Flomaton Elementary;
Elizabeth Danielle Brown, elementary teacher at Flomaton Elementary (replacing Ashley Murphy);
• Beverly James, custodian at Rachel Patterson Elementary (replacing Marvin Hollinsworth);
• Carol Hughes, part-time interventionist teacher at Rachel Patterson Elementary;
• Jeremy Padgett, utility/grounds keeper at Atmore Maintenance Department.
• Robert Jernigan, welding instructor ECHS to building construction instructor at ECRC (replacing Kenneth Revel);
• Courtney Dixon, instructional aid at Flomaton Elenentary to teacher (replacing Megan Stewart)
• Tori Chavers, instructional aide at Flomaton Elementary to kindergarten teacher (replacing Chelsea Reaves);
• Ashley Murphy, elementary teacher at Flomaton to secondary teacher at Flomaton High School (replacing Jerilynn Curry);
• Eric Andrews, principal at W.S. Neal Elementary to attendance supervisor at ECBOE (replacing Kike Pettaway).
• Summer Maintenance Custodians: James Williams at ECMS; Regenia Pleasant at Flomaton Elementary; Haley Black at Flomaton HS; Joe Carroll at Pollard-McCall; suzette Barron at Rachel Patterson.
• Student Summer Workers: Stephen Williams and Trajan Hollinger at ECHS; Dakota DeSpain at ECMS; Anna Grace White, Matthew Bishop and Jackson Haney at Flomaton Elementary; Erin Davidson and Chandler McBride at Flomaton High School; Spencer Kilpatrick at Huxford Elementary; Dalton Shell, Alexandra Moulder and Paige Joyner at W.S. Neal Elementary; and Christopher Paden at ECRC.
Academic Recovery Response Plan Summer Programs: ECHS – Site Director Leslie Sellers and teachers Priscilla Garror and Barbara Whatley; ECMS – Teachers Marcia Adams, Rhecy Currie, Deborah Salyers and Brittany Linam and Keyanna Wiggins as teacher’s aid; Flomaton Elementary: Site Director Melanie Kent; teachers Madison Carpenter and Eily Lindsay; teacher aides Helene Brown and Matthew Morgan; Flomaton High School: Site Director Ashley Mosley; teachers Karen Andrews, Phillip Bell, Alison Britt, Amy Dullard, Jessica Green, Jeffrey Haney and Sharon Morgan; Huxford Elementary School: Site Director Rebecca Murray, teachers Tara Ikner and John Smith, teacher sub Tiffany Hammac; Rachel Patterson Elementary: Site Director Terries Lett, teachers Shannon Martin and Brian Stallworth, teacher aides Karen Hubert-Frye and Tamesha Knight; W.S. Neal Elementary: Site Director Elizabeth Andrews, teachers Tracy McCurdy and Casey Lodge, teacher aide Pamela Driskell; W.S. Neal Middle: Site Director Sandra Barrow, teachers Anne Catherine Campbell and Ashley Knowles, teacher aide Taylor Barrow; W.S. Neal High: Site Director Junia Fischer, teachers Daniel Hodge and Stephanie Spicer.
• Title 1 Jump Start Enrichment Programs:
Flomaton: Teacher Chelsea Reaves, teacher aides Heather Driver and April Dunsford; Huxford: teacher Brooke Gafford, teacher aides Robin Barrows and Emily Barlow; Rachel Patterson: teachers Jessica Lockett, Allison Brooks and Malorie Johnson; teacher aides Vonda Bynum, Joydan Pleasant, Julie Rowland and Terry Kirby-Colbert; W.S. Neal Elementary: teachers Andrella Nettles, Margo Nordmeyer-Adams, Nicole Yoder; teacher aides, Hillary Durden, Jessica Godwin, Fabiola Jones and Cimmaron Wilson.
• Summer Enrichment Science Camp: Flomaton HS teacher Kimberly Nevels.
Summer Literacy Camp: Flomaton Elementary teachers Jenny Engle, Baylie Smith, Sydney Lambeth and Leslie Wedgeworth; Huxfordteachers Connie Hetrick, Dawn Malone and Betsey Watson and teacher aides Deborah Smith, Anna Nelson and Victoria Alanis; Pollard-McCall: teachers Amber Dunaway, Marilyn Bradley, Traci Ward and Eva Rowland; Rachel Patterson teachers April George, Caroline Hughes, Jennifer Brewton, Carol Hughes, Phyllis Moorer, Malorie Johnson and Julie McDonald; W.S. Neal Elementary: teachers Rochel Evans, Megan Moye, Katrina Anthony, Britney Shelly, Kimberly Collins-Bright and Glria Hill.
Summer Feeding Program: ECHS – Cynthia Young; ECMS – Rebecca Boutwell; Flomaton – Ashley Riley; Huxford – Susan Johnson; Rachel Patterson – Brenda Watkins; W.S. Neal Elementary – Janice Salter; W.S. Neal Middle – Mary Sheffield; W.S. Neal High – Vanessa Mealer; Polalrd-McCall – Alyssa Williams, substitutes Veronica Hacker, Riga Jones and Sondra Fail.