BOE approves hire of new head football coach, athletic director at ECHS
Published 6:38 pm Monday, June 6, 2022
The Escambia County Schools Board of Education approved the hire of Escambia County High School’s new head football coach and athletic director today during a special-called meeting.
The board approved the hire of Vincent Harris, to be a teacher, head football coach and athletic director at ECHS. Harris is replacing Scott Mason, who has been out for health reasons.
Mason compiled a 9-21 at ECHS.
The board also approved several personnel recommendations, including:
- Allison Nalty, part time academic interventionist at Escambia County Middle School, effective May 25, 2022;
- Deborah Silcox, temporary/part time special education services, office of special education and student services, effective May 26;
- Wendy Stafford, part time (retired) speech/language pathologist at ECMS, effective May 26;
- Jordan Bowens, teacher aide at ECMS, effective May 25;
- Adam Atchison, band director at Flomaton High School, effective May 26;• Adam Atchison, band director at Flomaton High School, effective May 26;
- Steven White, mechanic at Atmore Bus Shop, effective May 26;
- Jason Beasley, welding instructor at Escambia Career Readiness Center, effective June 8, 2022;
- Anna Wheeler, as math teacher from ECHS to math teacher at ECMS, effective Aug. 1, 2022;
- JoLynn Godwin, as physical education teacher at Rachel Patterson Elementary School, to PE teacher at A.C. Moore Elementary School, effective Aug. 1;
- Jean Walker, temporary part time JAG career specialist, ECSS, effective June 9;
- Michael Williams, assistant band director at ECMS, effective Aug. 1, replacing Kenneth Ford;
- Academic Recovery Response Plan Summer Programs’ personnel;
- Kendria Jackson, as teacher aide at ECMS, to six-hour lunchroom worker at ECMS, effective Aug. 1;
- Spencer Kilpatrick, academic recovery response plan summer program student worker at Huxford Elementary School, to same position but a maintenance custodian at HES, effective May 26;
- Shirley Prescod, instructional aide at Pollard McCall Junior High School, to Pre-K Program teacher at A.C. Moore, effective Aug. 1;
- Minnie Hassell, custodian at W.S. Neal High School, to six-hour lunchroom worker at WSNMS;
- April Blackwell, as English/language arts teacher at WSNHS, to social studies teacher at WSNMS;
- James Rogers, as science teacher at WSNMS to assistant band director at WSNMS;
- Jonathon Nelson, as utility/groundskeeper at Brewton Maintenance Department, to general maintenance worker at Brewton Maintenance Department, effective July 1;
- William Mills, bus shop foreman at Atmore Bus Shop, to transportation/safety supervisor at ECBOE, effective July 1;
- Jamie Burkett, as technology coordinator, to supervisor of technology effective July 1; and,
- Brandon Wiggins, as HVAC/electrician at Brewton Maintenance Department, effective June 6.
In other business, the board approved board of education resolution ECBOE2022-1.