County commission approves annual budget
Published 12:21 pm Monday, September 25, 2023
The Escambia County Commission approved the annual budget for the county and its departments on Monday.
Commission Chairman Raymond Wiggins offered thanks to those who worked to make the budget passing possible.
“I want to thank our administrators, our engineers and all of our officials who came together to pass a workable budget this year,” Wiggins said.
That sentiment was echoed by Commissioner Karean Reynolds who thanked all of those who worked to present the budget for consideration.
In other business Monday, the commission approved bids received for services and supplies for the coming year among other items including:
• a tri-party Intergovernmental service agreement for housing city prisoners;
• a plat for Wicker Pines Subdivision;
• a letter of support to PBCI Nationally Significant Federal Lands and Tribal Projects Grant application;
• a real property lease agreement with Charitable Aid Association for an area 1 of the county’s maintenance facility on Hwy. 29;
• an agreement with DiversifiedComputer Services for software associated with work order within the engineering department;
• the annual uniform bid with Gulf States Distribution for Class B uniforms with Class A uniforms to be re-bid;
• an agreement with DTPM for annual drug testing;
• an agreement with Murphy Oil on the fuel for the county;
• an agreement with Vulcan Signs for signage;
• an agreement with Mobile Asphalt for paving, striping and asphalt plant mix and H.O. Weaver & Sons for bituminous concrete materials FOB Weaver Plant;
• an agreement with Asphalt Plus LLC for asphalt plant mix spot leveling products.