Free online marketing workshop March 24Published 9:52pm Saturday, March 15, 2014
If you work in business, you know that you’ve got to market yourself online, whether it’s through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, or more. It can be overwhelming, and you might not know where to get started.
The Atmore Advance is offering a free workshop later this month to help give business owners the online marketing tools to make their cash registers ring.
“Just about everyone spends time each day checking Facebook or a website on their computer or phone,” said Advance publisher Justin Schuver. “We can help show you how to use these popular devices to market and grow your business.”
To help local business owners do just that, The Advance has partnered with The Blinder Group for a presentation on Monday, March 24, from noon until 1:30 p.m. at the Atmore Community Hospital’s Mayson Auditorium. The presentation will include a free lunch.
Mike Blinder, owner of The Blinder Group and author of “Survival Selling,” will be the guest speaker for the breakfast presentation.
Blinder’s company has put more than 50,000 businesses online through their media partners. His content is easy to understand and includes:
• how the Internet works in easy-to-understand terms;
• who is online locally and if they are your customers;
• how search engines like Google and Yahoo work;
• Facebook and other social networking sites and using it to find new customers;
• how to be found when people search online for your product or service;
• how to improve your own website’s performance with three easy-to-implement ideas;
• how to track what people are saying about you online.
Those who wish to attend are asked to pre-register, to help organizers know the number of lunches to serve.
To register, visit online at www.localmediaworkshops.com.
If there are any problems with the registration process, please call The Advance’s office at (251) 368-2123, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.