Mobile home fire contained

Published 4:39 pm Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Atmore firefighters work to contain a fire that broke out in a mobile home on Avenue B Wednesday afternoon.

A mobile home on Avenue B was the scene of the latest possible electrical fire in Atmore Wednesday afternoon.

Atmore firefighters responded to the scene at approximately 315 p.m. and were able to quickly squelch the flames. Neighbors said they had reason to believe the fire originated from inside the house, possibly near an electrical outlet, but Atmore Fire Chief Gerry McGhee said an investigation would be required to determine the fire’s origin.

No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

An Atmore firefighter tears into the underpinning of a mobile home that caught fire Wednesday.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox