Spectators urged to park at city hall for train event
Atmore Police Chief Chuck Brooks is encouraging those attending Thursday’s Amtrak Inspection Train arrival event to park in the city hall parking lot or at the farmer’s market.
Brooks said residents are urged not to walk across the tracks, and to walk around the back of the building.
“We want everybody to come early enough to park at city hall,” Brooks said.
At exactly 2:31 p.m., the Amtrak Inspection Trail will arrive at the depot. Ten minutes later at 2:41 p.m., the train will depart.
Here is the schedule for the train event:
• 2:15 p.m. — Jazz band plays
• 2:31 p.m. — Amtrak Inspection Train arrives; passengers detrain, move luggage to platform
• 2:41 p.m. — Amtrak train departs
• 2:45 p.m. — Atmore Mayor Jim Staff welcomes guests and Amtrak Chairman Joe Boardman, along with Southern Rail Commission Chairman Gregory White. White will address audience.
• 2:50 p.m. — Load passengers on buses to Wind Creek Casino
• 3 p.m. — Arrive at Wind Creek.
• 3:30 p.m. — Media event in ballroom
• 4:30 p.m. — Reception in sound
Red Cross Mass Care Chairman John Prince carries a case of bottled water inside of Northview High School, which has... read more