Floyd pleads to escape III
The Atmore man who is on death row for the shooting death of his girlfriend in 2011 pleaded guilty to escape III in the latest Escambia County Court Docket jury term.
Cedric Floyd escaped from the Escambia County Detention Center in October 2012. Following a massive manhunt, Floyd was captured the next day in Pensacola, Fla.
The escape took place while Floyd was waiting for trial for the shooting.
Floyd was indicted in February 2013 on the escape charge.
For his plea deal, Floyd has been sentenced to 25 years to run concurrent with the sentence he is serving for the capital murder and other charges.
Escape III is a class C felony.
Additionally, Kendrell McCants plead guilty to manslaughter from a charge of reckless murder. He was sentenced to 20 years.
McCants was charged with the murder of 50-year-old Marvin D. Norman of Atmore in 2014.
McCants physically assaulted Norman on Sun., April 28, 2013, near a residence on Brooks Lane. Norman was taken by Lifeflight from Atmore Community Hospital to Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, where he died from his injuries.
Other notable plea deals include:
• Ruby Faye Likely of Evergreen, who plead to burglary II and assault I from attempted murder;
• Estella Curry of Louisiana, was charged with reckless murder. Curry’s case has been continued; and,
• Walter Lee Hodges of Atmore, plead guilty to attempted murder.
Here is an updated list of defendants who pled guilty with their original charges:
• Kurtis Cottman, for two counts of distribution of a controlled substance;
• Jessica Marie Sawyer, for possession of a controlled substance;
• Paula Sutton, for extortion II;
• Terry Lee Walker Jr., for robbery II;
• Kevin Campbell, for distribution of a controlled substance;
• Sandreka Savage, for possession of marijuana II;
• Nehemiah Grace, for felon in possession of a firearm;
• Jessie Porterfield, for escape I;
• Earnest Dean Rolin Jr., for theft of property II;
• Eppie Lanae Farris, for inmate in possession of a cell phone;
• John Scott Hawkins, for distribution of a controlled substance;
• James Tyler Peavy, for burglary III;
• Faye Temple Blackwell, for theft of property II;
• Jason Kyles, for possession of marijuana I;
• Carla Haynes, for possession of a controlled substance;
• Michael Hardy, for possession of a controlled substance;
• Carl Edwards, for forgery II;
• Janie Rolin, for possession of a controlled substance;
• Marla Floyd, for burglary III;
• Raquel Cobb, for obstructing justice;
• Eurecka Finklea, for possession of marijuana I;
• Demetrion Barnes, for domestic violence III;
• Joshua King, for possession of a controlled substance;
• Walter Hodges, for attempted murder;
• Ashley Pennington, for possession of a controlled substance;
• Gregory Shepherd, for possession of a marijuana I;
• Jerald Burns, for unemployment compensation;
• Darryl Peterson, for theft of property I;
• Dennis Maddox Jr., for assault I;
• Wanda Jones, for theft of property II;
• Blaine Montgomery, for burglary II;
• Robert Sharp, for robbery III;
• Jeramie Burleson, for possession of a controlled substance; and,
• Tokino Harris, for trafficking.