Bolden hired as ECMS principal
Deborah Bolden is the new principal at Escambia County Middle School.
The Escambia County Board of Education met in a special-called meeting Wednesday morning for personnel recommendations.
Bolden replaces Dr. Anthony Morris.
In other business, the board:
• transferred Kellie Steele as teacher at Escambia County High School to librarian at A.C. Moore Elementary School, effective Aug. 5, 2016;
• transferred Cynthia Saucer as teacher at Rachel Patterson Elementary School to ARI Reading Specialist at Escambia County Schools, effective Aug. 5;
• transferred Latoshia Woods as special education teacher at W.S. Neal Middle School to special education teacher at A.C. Moore, effective Aug. 5;
• employed Paula Ferguson as elementary teacher at A.C. Moore, effective Aug. 5;
• employed Jennifer Silcox as special education teacher at Flomaton Elementary, effective Aug. 5;
• employed Teresa Nipper as cosmetology instructor at ECHS, effective Aug. 1;
• employed Christopher Walker as Star Academy math teacher at ECHS, effective Aug. 5;
• employed Keysha Gonzalez as culinary arts teacher at ECHS, effective Aug. 1;
• employed Jennifer Snellgrove as a seven-hour custodian at ECHS, effective Aug. 1;
• employed Melanie Luker as bus driver at the Atmore Bus Stop, effective Aug. 9; and,
• accepted the resignation of Courtney Harrison as a six-hour lunchroom worker at FHS, effective July 7; and,
• accepted the resignation of Derek Roberts as English teacher and head football and basketball coach at ECMS, effective June 30.