Fire claims Liberty Street home

Published 10:15 am Wednesday, October 25, 2017

An electrical shortage in wiring was the cause of a fire that claimed a residence on Liberty Street early this morning, according to fire officials.

Atmore Fire Chief Ronald Peebles said the time of call on a structure fire this morning was exactly 12:40.

Peebles said the residents living at 176 Liberty St. indicated that they had been having trouble with their breakers tripping.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Peebles said the fire was everywhere, and firefighters had to pull walls down and floors up to get the fire out.

“We had to pull things apart piece by piece,” he said.

Peebles said nobody was at home at the time of the fire.