EA beats Fort Dale 48-28 on senior night
Escambia Academy defeated Fort Dale 48-28 on senior night Friday at Bachelor Field in Canoe.
Quarterback Landon Sims threw four first-half touchdowns to help lead the Cougars to a 48-7 advantage at halftime. EA’s Tiquale Taylor (2), Bryant Quimby and Ty Williams caught scoring receptions in the first half.
Jason “Jabo” Davis ran it in from 8 yards on fourth down, and Jayson Helton grabbed a fumble and ran it back 22 yards for a score in the first half.
Chase Bell added a 35-yard touchdown run right before the break.
With the win, the Cougars 7-3 overall, and will host Lakeside next week in the first round of the AISA Class 2A state playoffs. This season marks the ninth straight season EA has made it to the postseason.
In the second half, the clock ran and younger players got some time on the gridiron.
Scoring plays for both teams include:
• Sims threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Taylor with 7:25 left in the first quarter. The extra point by Orlando Medina was good.
• Davis ran the ball 8 yards with 3:58 left in the first quarter. The Quimby for a 14-yard scoring pass with 3.3 seconds left in the first quarter. The extra point by Medina was good.
• Fort Dale’s Brice Acreman ran the ball in 43 yards with 9:33 left in the second quarter. The extra point was good.
• Sims passed to Williams for a 90-yard scoring play a short time later. The extra point was good.
• Helton ran a fumble return back 22 yards with 7:02 left in the first half. The extra point was good.
• Sims found Taylor for a 55-yard touchdown pass with 3:56 left in the second quarter. The extra point was good.
• Bell ran 35 yards for a score with 16.5 seconds left. With the extra point, EA led 48-7.
• Acreman scored on a 3-yard rush, and added an 80-yard touchdown run with7:10 left in the game.
• Daulton Wesley scored on a 1-yard rush with 1:25 left.