Chamber cancels upcoming events
By Special to the Advance
The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce announced recently the cancelation of upcoming events to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
“The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce has taken the following steps to comply with the March 19, 2020, Statewide Public Health Order issued by Gov. Kay Ivey to be in effect until April 5, 2020, that states, ‘All gatherings of 25 persons or more, or gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons, are prohibited. This Order shall apply to all gatherings, events or activities that bring 25 or more persons in a single room or single space at the same time,’” according to a release.
Because of the statewide order, the chamber announced the following cancelations/suspended activities:
- Suspended all member and non-member use of the conference room and/or chamber facilities effective immediately and through April 5;
- The chamber is maintaining business as usual, but also wants to ensure we’re aligning with best practices to do all we can to keep our community healthy. It has been determined the chamber lobby is closed. The chamber team is at the office and available to our members via e-mail (Info@AtmoreChamber.com) or phone (251-368-3305). Should you need the chamber, we do ask that you please call us prior to visiting. We will make every effort to assist you.
- Canceled the upcoming Past President’s Luncheon previously scheduled for March 30, 2020;
- Canceled the upcoming Business After 5 (BA5) to be held at Health Actions previously scheduled for April 9 at 5pm.
- Canceled the upcoming Easter In the Park currently scheduled for April 11.
- The Leadership Atmore Committee announced that the two remaining sessions have been canceled. The program is still planning on holding graduation, which will probably be in the summer sometime, according to a release. Leadership Atmore has invited this year’s class for to attend the missed sessions with Leadership Class of 2021. More information about this option will be shared with the current class when the time comes.
Chamber officials have not made a decision as it relates to the Miss Mayfest Pageant, Mayfest or the Mayfest Softball Tournament. Once more information is available regarding these beloved events the Chamber will share it with you as soon as possible.