ECHA: 5 confirmed cases of COVID-19 ACH, DWM
Published 5:49 pm Tuesday, April 7, 2020
The Escambia County Healthcare Authority confirmed Tuesday that its two hospitals confirmed five cases of COVID-19, according to a release.
Atmore Community Hospital (ACH) reported four cases, while D.W. McMillan Memorial Hospital reported one, according to the ECHA.
As of this afternoon, 126 specimens have been collected at ACH with 97 returning as negative and 24 pending results.
At DWM, 73 specimens have been collected, 61 returned as negative and 11 are pending results.
According to the Alabama Department of Public Health, in Escambia County, Ala., there are three confirmed cases with 84 specimens collected and zero confirmed deaths.
According to the release, the numbers are updated biweekly to reflect current case numbers. Due to timing of information, these numbers may differ from numbers on the ADPH website. Source of State of Alabama is Alabama Department of Public Health. Confirmed cases are recorded by public health officials in the patient’s county of residence.
Additionally, the ECHA is asking for supplies for donation.
Supplies Needed and How to Donate
We are asking anyone that has access to the following items to please consider donating them:
- ¥ Isolation gowns: non-sterile, impervious
- ¥ Masks: surgical, procedure, ear loop, ear loop with face shield, or fog-free procedure mask
- ¥ Latex gloves: exam, nitrile or chemo
- ¥ Hand sanitizer: 70% ethyl alcohol
Atmore – Contact Brad Lowery at 251.368.6215
Brewton – Contact Bob Ellis at 251.809.8318
What Can I Do?
- ¥ Follow Alabama Stay at Home Order issued by Governor. Only leave for essential errands.
- ¥ Exercise social distancing
- ¥ Shield your coughs and sneezes.
- ¥ Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and do it frequently
- ¥ Use hand sanitizer when handwashing facilities are not available.
- ¥ If you are sick, STAY HOME, and contact your Healthcare Provider and let them know and follow their instructions.
- ¥ If you are severely ill, contact the ER before you present so that they can be prepared to receive you promptly.
Editor’s note: The ECHA will provide updates on COVID-19 every Tuesday and Friday.