Many thank linemen for restoration effort
Hanging from a newly-installed power pole, a lineman does his job.
In addition to Alabama Power crews, crews from Bryd Electric, Pike and Power Grid, and Canyon worked to help restore power to the Atmore area, according to officials. Crews from 15 states aided in the effort.
Because of Hurricane Sally, many customers were without power for days. Power was fully restored to all customers by the evening of Sept. 19.
Many customers relayed their thanks to the linemen via The Atmore Advance’s Facebook page, including:
• “Huge thank you to all the linemen that have worked tirelessly to restore out power.” – Connie Shipp Crews
• “Linemen rock! Thank you for taking time to help us!” – Miranda Baker-Brooks
• “Thank you to all who worked so hard to restore our power. Praying for your continued safety during this time.” – Lelia Ann Benner
• “Thank you for the fast response. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the Atmore area.” – Kadren Bynum
• “Awesome job! Thank you to all who have worked tirelessly! We appreciate you so much.” – Shannon Byrd Martin
• “The Eddie McKinley family sends many thanks and much appreciation to all of the linemen who left their families to help ours! God bless each one of you!” – Ronnel W. McKinley