Fire claims Beck Street home

Published 2:53 pm Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A fire claimed a Beck Street residence Jan. 2, according to the Atmore Fire Department.

Chief Ronald Peebles said the department was called at 7:31 a.m. on Saturday, and arrived on scene at 7:34.

Peebles said the cause of the fire was an electrical short, and a little girl went to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

“When we got there, it was rolling through the window and the front door,” Peebles said. “However, the momma tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher, and she couldn’t. She got her baby and ran, and did the right thing.”

The AFD cleared the scene at 8:50 a.m.