Chamber holds annual banquet
The Atmore Area Chamber of Commerce held its 75th annual banquet tonight at Rivercane Park.
The banquet, held each year to serve as the chamber’s annual meeting of members, honors recipients and businesses who receive special awards.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the banquet was moved from its original date in January.
Special awards were given to honor those who contributed to Atmore and its citizens during the pandemic, along with those who have made a significant impact on the community.
Those who received an award include:
• Spirit of Atmore – Dawn Skipper and David Landis
• Hometown Heroes – Muskogee Technology and Alto Products
• Business of the Year – Atmore Community Hospital
• 2021 Citizen of the Year – Karean Reynolds
• Lifetime Achievement Award – Melvin “Buck” Powell
• Lifetime Business Award – Diamond Gasoline
A complete story will be in next week’s paper.