County OKs agreement with PCI
The Escambia County Commission met Monday and approved a memorandum of Understanding with the Poarch Band of Creek Indians in anticipation of resurfacing some roads in the Poarch community.
Commission Chairman Raymond Wiggins said the agreement would grant the Poarch Band of Creek Indians permission to resurface Old Uriah Road, Rodeo Lane and Still Farm Road within the Poarch community.
Commissioners also approved the fiscal year 2022 County Transportation Plan that will include resurfacing of Fuqua Road and Upper Creek Road.
With terms on the Solid Waste Disposal Authority and the E-911 Board about to expire, commissioners made appointments to each of the positions. Bill Bridges and David Adams were reappointed to the Solid Waste Disposal Authority. Ben Rowe and Willie Hawthorne were also reappointed to serve an additional term on the E-911 Board.
In other business, the commission:
• Approved an agreement with the Community Development Group;
• Approved a lease agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Health – Wiggins said a formal written lease had not been previously executed, but the new agreement would be written for benefit of both parties;
• Approved a memorandum of understanding with the Alabama Department of Public Health – Wiggins said the document would provide permission fo the ADPH to complete about $480,000 in improvement costs to the current facility;
• Approved a letter of understanding and Work Squad Agreement with the Alabama Department of Corrections/Fountain Correctional Facility for work release participation;
• Approved an agreement with the South Alabama Regional Planning Commission that provides funding for the Escambia County Agency on Aging;
• Approved the vacation of a portion of Oil Well Road – Wiggins said the move would return portions of the area back to private property to allow residents in the area to upgrade and/or make improvements on the property.
Escambia County Healthcare Authority (ECHA) officials celebrated the groundbreaking of the new urgent care clinic Tuesday morning. The new clinic... read more