APL holding pumpkin decorating contest
Published 9:04 am Wednesday, October 6, 2021
The Atmore Public Library is holding its annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest.
The contest features pumpkins decorated as Preschool through seniors in high school’s favorite children’s book characters.
Family participation is encouraged, and only one pumpkin is allowed per participant.
Pumpkins will be judged at Williams Station Day, Sat., Oct. 23, and should be droped off at the APL’s tent between 8-9 a.m. the day of the festival. Judging will take place at 10:30 a.m. Pumpkins must be picked up by 3 p.m.
Categories and rules are below:
• Preschool – Paint and accessorize your pumpkin (no carving)
• Kindergarten to second grade – Paint and accessorize your pumpkin (no carving)
• Third grade to fifth grade – Primarily paint your pumpkin, some carving allowed
• Sixth grade to eighth grade – Carve and/or paint your pumpkin
• Ninth grade to 12th grade – Primarily carve your pumpkin, some painting allowed
For more info, call the APL at 251-368-5234.