City adopts resolutions
Published 9:37 am Wednesday, December 15, 2021
The Atmore City Council adopted a resolution Monday authorizing Mayor Jim Staff to enter into an agreement and to do all things necessary to get an airport rescue grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation for use at the Atmore Municipal Airport during its regular meeting.
The resolution, 2021-26, was one of six adopted at the meeting.
The adopted resolutions included:
• Resolution 2021-25, a resolution authorizing Civil Southeast to apply to the Alabama Department of Transportation for Rebuild Alabama Act’s annual grant program;
• Resolution 2021-27, a resolution authorizing the city to enter into a lease agreement with Motorola Solutions to acquire equipment for the police department. Chief Chuck Brooks said this is for body cameras;
• Resolution 2021-28, a resolution authorizing the city to buy extrication equipment under Holmatro NPP contract #PS20035 off the state bid list;
• Resolution 2021-29, a resolution authorizing the release of reverter conditions, or not having the city council to authorize a signature;
• Resolution 2021-30, a resolution authorizing a non-exclusive easement for ingress and egress; and,
• approved the board of zoning adjustments appointments of Elliott Faircloth and Shaquanda Kyles.
Additionally, the city council listened to a guest speaker speak briefly about a paint ball company that’s in the early stages of formation in the Freemanville Community.