City council adopts airport improvement, infrastructure grant opportunities
Published 9:56 am Tuesday, September 13, 2022
The Atmore City Council adopted airport improvement and infrastructure grant opportunities during its meeting on Monday.
The resolutions – 2202-16 (airport improvement program grant) and 2202-17 (airport infrastructure grant) – authorize the city to make an application for airport improvement funding. The purpose of the undertaking is for fiscal year 2023 to pursue a project under the improvement program.
The program includes a 90 percent match from the federal government, and 5 percent each from the state and city for the Atmore Municipal Airport.
In other business, the city:
- adopted resolution 2022-18 for the purchase of a 2013 backhoe for $71,000;
- approved the Women of Distinction’s Breast Cancer Walker for Oct. 22, 2022, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. The route will be from Atmore City Hall to Houston Avery Park.
- approved Escambia County High School’s Homecoming Parade permit for this Friday. The route will be from the old YMCA building on Pensacola Avenue, south on Highway 21 (Main Street) to Lindberg Avenue and then to the school.
- approved the housing board reappointment of Vasaroy Johnson; and,
- approved the Atmore Library Board reappointment of Sydney McGhee.