Semi-truck catches fire at Tiger-Sul

Published 9:27 am Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A semi-truck caught fire due to an electrical short at Tiger-Sul late Tuesday morning, according to the Atmore Fire Department.

Chief Ronald Peebles said an independent driver out of Monroe, La., drove the truck.

Peebles said as the driver went to get his scale (weight) ticket, the scale operator notified the driver that it looked like his truck was on fire.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Peebles said the driver opened the hood, and got a fire extinguisher on it, but the fire was too big to stop.

Peebles said the truck was deemed a total loss as was the sulfur inside. The sulfur got wet as a result of the fire.

No one was injured as a result of the fire, Peebles said.