34 teams to highlight Native Classic Softball Tournament Aug. 10-12 in Poarch
Published 2:15 pm Monday, August 7, 2023
Thirty-four teams are playing in the Native Classic Softball Tournament Aug. 10-12 at Arrowhead Park in Poarch.
The tournament format is double elimination and slow pitch. Divisions include a men’s and women’s division; co-ed division; men’s and women’s legends divisions; and a men’s trailblazers division.
“We’re glad to have this tournament,” Tournament Director Jake McGhee said. “This is our first year doing this. We’re excited to welcome new teams from across the country.
“We hope we have great weather, and that it goes smoothly,” he added.
Teams will travel to Poarch from south Florida, Minnesota and Mississippi. Poarch has 14 teams competing in the tournament.
Admission to the tournament is free, but cash only is accepted for concessions and merchandise. An ATM will be available at the park.
McGhee said food trucks and vendors will be on site, and most of them take credit cards.
Teams competing in the tournament by division include:
- Women’s Division – Mvskoke Creeks, Natives, MS Sparks, TCB, Twisted Aunties, Creek Crew, One Hit Wonders, Mvskoke Sisters and Intensity.
- Men’s Division – Warriors, ZFG, Sneaky Creek, NGNL, Bad Medicine, War Party and Arrows.
- Co-ed Division – Hotheads, Walkoff Warriors, F.O.E., Creek Elite, Toxic Feathers, ZFG, Suicide Squad, Indians and Rolin Thunder.
- Women’s Legends Division – Natives, Wild Thangz, Mah-Lah-Tah and Poarch Legends.
- Men’s Legends Division – LA Legends, Ole Tymers and Poarch Legends.
- Men’s Trailblazers Division – LA Trailblazers and Poarch Blazers.
This week’s tournament marks the second tournament held in Poarch within a month.