Huxford Elementary to hold Title I meetingPublished 11:28am Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Huxford Elementary School will hold its annual Title I meeting for parents Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 6 p.m. in the HES school auditorium.
According to HES Principal Greg Shehan, the following topics will be discussed at the meeting:
• What it means to be a Title I school.
• The 1-percent set aside.
• The CIP.
• The School Parental Involvement Plan.
• The LEA Title I Plan.
• The LEA Parental Involvement Plan.
• School-parent compacts.
• Requesting qualifications of your child’s teacher.
• Notification of teachers who are not “highly qualified.”
• The annual evaluation of the Parental Involvement Plan.
• The process of how all Title I parents may have involvement in the 1-percent set-aside, the Title I Plan, the CIP, the revisions of compacts, the LEA and school parental involvement plans and the annual evaluation of the LEA Parental Involvement Plan.
• Introduction of parent contacts.
• Timeline for this year’s parental involvement opportunities.