Ag department looking for peanut harvest help
Published 9:34 am Friday, August 7, 2020
The Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries is looking for some temporary employees for this coming peanut season.
For those interested in the Mobile area, the department of agriculture is accepting applications for temporary employment at the following locations from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.:
Wilmer, Aug. 10-11
• West Bay Peanut Co., 14155 Driskell Loop Road South, Wilmer, AL 36587 Summerdale: August 10-11
• Summerdale Peanut Co., 501 E. Sanborn Ave, Summerdale, AL 36580 McCullough, AL: August 12-13
• Atmore Peanut Co., 8274 Jack Springs Rd, Atmore, AL 36502
Flomaton, Aug. 12-13
• Escambia Peanut Co., 880 Old Sardine Rd, Flomaton, AL 36441
Mobile, Aug. 17
• Mobile Alabama Career System Center, 515 Springhill Plaza Court, Mobile, AL 36608
Foley, Aug. 17
• Foley Career Center, 200 West Michigan Avenue, Foley, AL 36535
Bay Minette, Aug. 18
• Bay Minette Career Center, 201 Faulkner Dr., Bay Minette, AL 36507
Brewton, Aug. 18
• Brewton Career Center, 1023 Douglas Avenue, Brewton, AL 36426
The work consists of sampling, grading, assisting in the grading of peanuts during harvest season as they arrive at buying points throughout South Alabama, according to reports.
Positions available and starting salaries are listed below. All applicants hired will be E-Verified. Must be available to work up to 15 hours per day, seven days a week. Overtime paid after 40 hours per week.
Produce inspector pays $12.12 per hour.
GED or high school diploma and a valid drivers license is required for produce inspector position.
Laborer/sampler pays $10.19 per hour.