BOE approves personnel recommendations
Published 11:21 am Friday, August 20, 2021
The Escambia County Board of Education approved personnel recommendations during a special-called meeting on Aug. 19 in Brewton.
The following were approved by the board:
• Jami Cosby, math teacher at Escambia County Middle School, effective Aug. 20;
• Pamela Richardson, LPN/special education instructional aide at W.S. Neal Elementary School, effective Aug. 18;
• Scotty Benton, teacher aide at ECMS to elementary teacher at ECMS, effective Aug. 16;
• Yvette Watkins, school based social worker at Escambia County High School, effective Sept. 1;
• Ronda Hoffman, science teacher at ECMS, effective Aug. 23, replacing Camille Minaya;
• Tyler Boatwright, math teacher at ECMS, effective Aug. 23, replacing Cosby;
• Jena Turner, school-based social worker at Flomaton High School, effective Sept. 1;
• Emma-Lee Waldrop, elementary teacher at W.S. Neal Elementary School, effective Aug. 16;
• Jennifer Blunt, school-based social worker at W.S. Neal High School, effective Sept. 1;
• Linda West, custodian, Turtle Point Science Center, effective Sept. 1, replacing Taylor Barton;
• Melva Salter, temporary/part time office aide at Brewton Central Office; and,
• Mason Bailey, temporary/part time office aide at Brewton Central Office.
In other business, the board:
• approved for Lathan and Associates Architecture to provide architectural services needed to develop specifications and a bid packet for the repair and replacement of storm doors, hardware and all necessary work needed to comply with the tornado shelter requirements at WSNHS; and,
• approved to negotiate for the purchase of property located adjacent to WSNHS. The purchase of the property will require the board’s approval.