Letter to the Editor

Published 7:39 pm Monday, December 26, 2005

By Staff
County Road 61 should be widened
I live on county road 61, about one mile from Perdido Creek. This road runs beside the railroad track from Perdido to Railroad Crossing Perdido Creek. I like to travel this road enroute to Atmore it's much quicker and save a few pennies on gas.
The trouble is, this road is so narrow and unpaved, muddy in rainy weather. People dumps old broke down furniture on this road, old carpet and dead animals.
Last year when the railroad crossing in Perdido was being repaired, all the traffic from Highway 65, Rabon and Perdido had to travel this road, and it was really bad. I wonder do this road belong to Baldwin or Escambia County, why don't they get together and share the bill, and get this road paved.
Johnnia German
23695 County Road 61
Perdido, AL 36562

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox