Poarch explosion injures one
Published 5:27 am Monday, July 10, 2006
By By Janet Little Cooper
There was a slight delay in the 30-minute fireworks show held Tuesday evening in the sixth annual Poarch Fourth of July celebration due to a premature explosion.
The delay occurred when on of the explosives, being set by the Poarch Fire Department, detonated on the ground instead of the air, exploding directly in front of a Poarch fireman according to witnesses on the scene.
Ambulance crews quicly responded to the scene transporting the victim to a local hospital.
"The individual was treated and released at an area hospital," Poacrch Band of Creek Indians Community Relations Director Sharon Delmar said. "The accident occured during the 30-minute fireworks display."
No other injuries were reported.