• 77°

Adams Street home gutted following Thursday blaze

By By Adrienne McKenzie
An Adams Street mobile home owned by Willie North was destroyed by fire Thursday morning, according to the Atmore Fire Department.
The fire department arrived at 236 Adams St. at 8:07 a.m. Thursday to find North’s mobile home ablaze. The fire department’s report of the incident states that the home was a total loss. The report also said that according to a witness, the fire started in the kitchen. The fire did not spread to any other structure as it was confined to North’s mobile home.
Fire department officials are unsure what started the fire and the fire is still under investigation.
A neighbor of North’s confirmed, stating Friday afternoon that “nobody knows what happened…” when the fire broke loose.
AFD responded with four vehicles and more than five firefighters to the scene.