Three firemen injured at Jack Springs Road fire

Published 12:06 am Wednesday, March 26, 2008

By Staff
A fire on Jack Springs Road Wednesday morning led to the transportation of three Atmore Fire Department firefighters to Atmore Community Hospital's emergency room.
Atmore fire chief Gerry McGhee and firefighters Chris Hughes and Andy Hammonds were taken to ACH after a wall caved in on them during the Jack Springs Road fire.
"They were brought to the hospital for precautionary measures," assistant chief Mike Staples said. "They just have a few bruises."
AFD was on mutual aid assisting the Poarch Volunteer Fire Department when the incident occurred.
"They were doing salvage and overhaul, hitting the hot spots and basically a wall collapsed on them," Staples said.
According to Staples, there were no major injuries.
For more information about the fire and the status of the firefighters, see Sunday's Advance.
-Staff Reports

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox