Harris Street fire destroys home

Published 8:58 am Monday, December 29, 2008

By Staff
Staff Reports
A fire destroyed a home located at 164 1/2 Harris St. on Monday afternoon at approximately 4:15 p.m.
The house belonging to longtime Atmore resident William Lewis Sr., 89, caught fire near the bedroom in the house, while Lewis was in his den. Lewis said he was in his den taking a nap and was woken up by the smoke, which he found coming from his bedroom.
Atmore Fire Department was first on the scene of the fire with the Atmore Police Department and Kelley’s Ambulance also responding.
Lewis has lived in the house since it was built in 1963.
For more information on this story, see Wednesday’s Atmore Advance.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox