Maintenance error leaves businesses, homes without gas

Published 9:53 pm Monday, April 6, 2009

By Staff
Residents and businesses on the southeast side of town lost gas this morning after a gas line was mistakenly cut.
Atmore Utilities Director Tom Wolfe said he hopes to have the problem fixed sometime this evening.
Wolfe said his employees were performing regular maintenance work on a line when the accident happened.
Numerous restaurants in town were affected by the loss of gas, which Wolfe was apologetic for.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox