Published 3:34 pm Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Municipal officers begin new term in Atmore
The city of Atmore’s municipal officers swore their oaths of office during a council meeting on Nov. 2.
Those who took the oath of office include:
• Mayor Jim Staff
• Webb Nall, District 1
• Jerome Webster Sr., District 2
• Eunice Johnson, District 3
• Shawn Lassiter, District 4
• Chris Harrison, District 5
Johnson and Lassiter are new to their respective offices.
• Karean Reynolds, municipal judge
• Joe Whitt, municipal prosecutor
• Gordon Godwin, public defender
• Becca Smith, city clerk
• Chuck Brooks, police chief
• Ronald Peebles, fire chief
Family members of each were present for the swearing in ceremony. Circuit Judge Todd Stearns and District Judge Eric Coale administered the oaths of office.
In other business, the city council:
• adopted a resolution appointing Lassiter as mayor pro-tem;
• approved an ordinance to establish the time, place and procedure for council meetings;
• adopted a resolution appointing Reynolds municipal judge;
• adopted a resolution appointing Whitt municipal prosecutor;
• adopted a resolution appointing Godwin as public defender;
• approved an ordinance appointing Smith as city clerk;
• adopted a resolution for financial depositories;
• adopted a resolution appointing Staff as West Escambia Utilities superintendent.