Alabama Power to increase residential power bills by $10 beginning in December
Published 1:29 pm Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Due to the increased cost of fuel to generate electricity, the typical residential Alabama Power customer bill will increase by about $10 a month beginning in December, according to officials.
According to a release, Alabama Power uses diverse fuel types and sources to help dampen the adjustment, and the company doesn’t make money from fuel expenses.
For more information or to discuss options, customers can visit www.alabamapower.com, call 1-800-245-2244 or visit an office location.
• To help customers reduce bills, we offer tips for better managing energy use, finding ways to save and utilizing assistance programs.
Better manage use:
- As colder temperatures approach, be sure you know how to keep costs down.
- Learn how to use less energy, get help paying your bill and track energy use. You can chat and connect with us online, give us a call or visit us in person or at one of our offices.
- Make sure you have an online account and that your information is up to date.
- Customers with an online account now have the option to pay their power bill via Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Venmo and PayPal. These payment methods are within our Online Customer Care portal.
- You can better understand daily energy use by enrolling in My Power Usage on your online account at AlabamaPower.com. The tool shows daily and monthly use, projected bill amounts and sends email alerts when bills reach a set dollar amount.
- Budget Billing is a free service allowing customers to pay an averaged bill each month based on their annual use, which helps stabilize seasonal variations in electric bills.
- Find easy tips to save money and use less energy at AlabamaPower.com/Winterize.
Find ways to save:
- You can enroll in a time-of-use rate to save based on the time of day you use electricity and when you avoid using major appliances at the same time. Visit AlabamaPower.com/TimeAdvantageto learn more.
- Visit AlabamaPower.com/ratesto check out the best plan to fit your lifestyle.
- Medicaid recipients can save $14.50 on their monthly power bill. To sign up, visit your nearest business office for an application or call us at 1-800-257-APCO.
- Partners in the community also are ready to help. More information on resources and assistance programs through Community Action Agencies is available at AlabamaPower.com/PaymentAssistance.
- Those able to support neighbors in need can check the Project SHARE box on their Alabama Power bill or online account. Contributions to Project SHARE, run by the Salvation Army, directly support low-income and elderly customers in our communities.